Birthday party games and Birthday Cake are both essential. Games bring excitement to any party and birthday parties are no exception. The stress level of planning a birthday party diminishes when it is for someone you love? It even becomes a fun task when the birthday party is for your child. That is when party games are essential and a joy to plan.
Planning which birthday party games to play depends on their ages and available room. You should also determine if the birthday person has a special interest or hero that could be focused on. Decide on how long the party will be so you can plan how many birthday party games you will need.
Whenever I am involved in a birthday party, I create balloon animals, children love them. There are literally endless ways to use balloons for birthday party games, and/or decorations; they should be ‘standard’ party equipment.
I started creating balloon animals for my grandkids and before I knew it I was being recruited for many local school parties and events. I enjoy it and kids keep coming back for another and another........
1. Stomp Them – Blow up a lot of balloons and tie a rubber band to each of them. Put a balloon around each player’s ankle by stretching the rubber over their foot. Make sure players wear shoes to protect their feet. Play some music and have everyone stomp around, trying step on and pop the balloons of other players. Whoever has the last balloon left around their ankle is the winner!
2. Water Balloon Catch -Teams of two. Each team gets one balloon filled with water. They start really close to each other and the teammates have to toss them back and forth, playing catch. With each successful toss they both take one step back. The farther apart they become, the more fragile the balloons become. If your balloon pops then you are out. The last team standing wins.
3. Balloon Pop - Kids in pairs stand in a line, back to back. Each pair of children has a balloon held between their backs. On "go", they try to pop the balloon using only their backs. First pair of kids whose balloon pops is the winner.
4. Balloon Relay - Divide kids into two teams. Provide each team with a water balloon for each person. The first one to go in each team must place a water balloon between their knees and hobble to the finish line, dropping the balloon in a bucket without using hands. They then run back to the team, tags the next kid and the process is repeated. If the balloon is dropped the kid must grab it by hand, run back to the start and start all over. If the balloon breaks in route, it just becomes a non-counter, and the next person starts. The winning team is the one who manages to get the most balloons in their bucket.
5. Pinning the Tail – Pin the tail on the donkey can be changed to fit any theme. You can take a piece of poster board and draw anything with something missing - a nose on a clown or animal, a trunk on an elephant, be creative.
6. Guess How Many - This is an old favorite on the birthday party games list. Fill a jar with candy. Have children write their name on a small piece of paper and their guess as to how many candies are in the jar. The child who guesses the right number, or comes closest, gets a sucker. The candy in the jar is then divided among the children. A variation would be that the winner takes the jar of candy home to share with their family.
7. Guess Who I am - When the children come through the door tape a farm animal or item/object to their backs. Through the course of the party they may ask each other yes and no questions about what they are. Explain that the first question they may want to ask is "Am I an animal or an object?" At the end of the party each child takes a turn saying what they think they are. Suggestions: cow, pig, sheep...pitchfork, saddle, horseshoe, hay, milk, barn, tractor, etc. This is another one of very popular birthday party games.
Check out these easy-to-do Party Crafts
Jewelry Designer | Artistic Painting | Balloon Painting | Balloon Decorating | Big Mouth | Guests can Decorate | Inexpensive Decorations | Colorful, Yummy Jewelry |Halloween Worm Treats |Regular Play Dough Recipe | Baking Fun | Yummy Candy Balls | Disappearing Ball