Do you remember family movie night? Remember when you could load the whole family up once a week and take in a good movie, along with that good buttered popcorn? At today’s movie prices though, maybe once a month!
We can still have a fun movie night even with high theater prices; just have your movie night at home!
Movie Streaming makes it very easy and inexpensive. With the many steaming choices, Family Movie Night is alive and well, again!
Video rental stores are now just a fading memory. VOD, or Video on Demand with your TV service is trying to fill the gap. Now if you want to rent a physical in-your-hand-movie you still have those Red Box units that set in front of most stores today. Anytime you can rent a recent movie for $1 to $4 dollars, it is a victory. Tonight, why not have a Movie Marathon and try one of our Movie Trivia Games, during the break.
Seems almost daily that new technology is fast replacing movie theaters and movie rentals with movie streaming. All you have to do is make sure you have popcorn on hand.
There are now many options when it comes to streaming movies. I don’t care much for streaming them to a PC, I much prefer directly to my TV.
Most of the cable companies today offer movie streaming which is convenient. The list of companies that Stream Movies is getting crowded, there are many to choose from.
It is becoming easier with each new gadget that comes on the market. The vast number of streaming services that are now available are making it easier than ever to cut-the-cord. Although, I am waiting until they include sports.
1. Make it an event, make it fun, make it something to look forward to each week.
2. Pick a night that works for everyone and then keep it that night each week.
3. Same with the start time, be consistent, same time each week.
4. Don’t allow phone’s to interrupt family movie night.
5. Trade off each week for who gets to pick next week’s movie.
6. A lighter dinner menu for this night, save room for those concession stand goodies.
7. If the kids pick a Disney type movie consider some theme decorations.
Just decide as a family what night of the week works best and then just make it happen. The kids will love it, if you are kid-less, your spouse will love it. A night of good entertainment for pennies.
from Family Movie Night